Verbal Communication Design Questions
The following questions support you in the development of verbal and
nonverbal designs for customer communication:
- Do you provide the same information in different formats, such as
through text or images?
- Do you provide verbal information in plain English?
- Do your services work with assistive technology products and services?
- Is information presented in order of importance?
- Are options presented in a clear and concise way?
- Is content presented in a way that is easy to understand and use?
- Is the person familiar with the words and symbols you are using?
- Where appropriate is the person offered information in different
Customer engagement and outcomes can be enhanced through
considerations such as:
- Have you directly involved members of the public in the process of
design, development and testing (especially customers that might
normally be excluded)?
- Have you used specialised resources to represent a wide range of
customer abilities and preferences in the process?
- Has your organisation implemented a policy to promote Universal
Design and conduct training to optimise customer communication?